New Spaces

Not only are we extremely close to opening our new space in
the Exchange District... we have moved our blog.

All the content from this blog has been moved to our new
address on the web. We will leave this blog up as a byway
to ...


See you there!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Projecting



I've been accused, more than once, of projecting when ordering things I love for the store. I have something to say about that. First of all... yeah. Okay. I do.

I think we've got some pretty fab stuff that more people than just I identify with.

Some of our orders from the NY show have arrived. Guess which items I chose considering the sensibility of how saleable they are and which ones I chose because I love them. I'll share my answers with my next post.

Zuny


Bookend. Door stop. Paperweight. These guys are heavyweights in the cute department. Hand crafted and limited to production of 9,999 each, they come with a 'dog' tag and birth certificate of authenticity.



DEK Kits

Designer Emulation Kits, by Mark McKenna, are a tribute to iconic classics of revered designers. You assemble the printed circuit boards (with circuitry about the thickness of a human hair). Pay homage to a classic by Ingo Maurer, Achille Castiglioni, Phillipe Starck and/or Richard Sapper with a DEK Kit of your choosing (or the entire collection if you are so inclined).









Pull + Push Products















We discovered incredible Japanese designed goods at the NY gift show. You will soon discover our selections at the House - some of which will be available on North American soil for the very first time! The finds which made me positively giddy, though, were the architectural structures created by Nobuhiro Sato. What is so special about little concrete buildings? Each item is personally handmade by the designer himself. Created from mortar, using glass for the windows and brass components, like the exposed portion of the Truss Planter and the chimney on the Cottage Incense Pot. I find them achingly beautiful in their starkness.


Block Lamp...

has been a part of MoMA's permanent collection since 2000. Hand cast with a sandblasted interior, each part undergoes a long cooling process to ensure the glass withstands strong temperature changes. Designed by Harri Koskinen, Block Lamp has become one of Design House Stockholm's most coveted products.






















Next up... Objects of Desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment